Minimum terms for advertising of the promotion:
Visit www.fortywinks.com.au for full terms and conditions. One entry per person. Entry is open to all Australian residents. Competition opens 08/11/12 at 09:00 AEDT and closes 09/12/12 at 11:59 AEDT. Winners will be judged at the Promoter’s premises on 10/12/12 at 11:00 AEDT. There are five winners. Winners will be notified by email and phone and published online at www.fortywinks.com.au on 14/12/12. Total prize value is up to $20,995 as at 30/10/12. The Promoter is Forty Winks Franchising Pty Ltd (ABN 380 595 126 40) of 8 Holly Drive, Dingley VIC 3172
Terms and Conditions – Win a Sealy 748
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Forty Winks Franchising Pty Ltd, of 8 Holly Drive
Dingley VIC 3172 (ABN 380 595 126 40).
- Entrants may enter only once. There will be a total of five winners.
- All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release will also require the winner’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release must include the full name, address and telephone number of the winner’s legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
How to enter
- Entrants may enter once, by answering in 25-words-or-less, ‘tell us of a time when you needed more support.’ Entrants may enter an original submission by completing the entry form on the competition website at www.fortywinks.com.au.
- Entries must include all requested contact details and a 25-words-or-less answer to be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period.
When to enter
- The competition commences on 08/11/12 at 09:00 AEDT and closes on 09/12/12 at 11:59 AEDT (“Promotional Period”).
- The winners will be the best valid entries as judged by the judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity and originality, at the Promoter’s premises on 10/12/12 at 11:00 AEDT. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
- The winners will be notified by email and telephone within two business days and will be published online at www.fortywinks.com.au on 14/10/12.
- Prizes will be sent within 8 weeks.
Prize on offer
- Total prize value is up to $20,995 as at 30/10/12. Five (5) winners will receive one (1) Sealy Posturepedic Essence+ Plush Queen Size mattress and base (RRP $4,199).
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize must be claimed within 3 months of the judge date. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter, subject to State and Territory legislation, reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers, designs and works. Any such answers, designs or works cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received. The Promoter and its related entities collects entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners) and for related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to provide you with information about products and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to direct us not to do this if and when any future communication is sent to you by the Promoter. We may disclose personal information to essential service providers who provide services in connection with our products and services. You may request access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, Legal Compliance Department, Forty Winks at 8 Holly Drive Dingley VIC 3172.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.