Update as at: Friday 22 May 2020
As the world grapples with the uncertainty of the COVID-19 virus outbreak, now more than ever the health of the Australian public is Forty Winks’ number one priority.
All of our stores are now open, however some are still operating under alternate trading hours. Customers are advised to check the Forty Winks website before visiting their local store to ensure they have the most up to date trading information for that store. This information can be found using our Store Finder.
We still remain open for business online, so customers who don't wish to shop in-store can do so via our online store.
Our foremost concern is, ensuring all Australians can be better informed about their sleep practices in a healthy and safe environment. We are serious about sleep and the life changing benefits it has on our lives.
Research shows a good night’s sleep boosts your immune system and reduces your chance of contracting a virus (any virus).
To provide peace of mind and ensure the health and safety of all customers visiting a Forty Winks store, we have implemented a number of additional precautions including a new action plan for pillow health.
In-store preventive measures
To ensure that our wider store environment remains clean and sanitised at all times:
- Across our stores, all pillows have been removed from display beds effective immediately. As pillows are an important part of the sleep heath journey, they will still be available, but will only be provided to customers with an ‘individual’ cover.
- Disposable woven fabric overlays are currently on route to every store, but in the meantime each customer will be provided a brand new or hygienically cleaned pillow case at the start of their BedMatch journey. Mattresses are also sanitised before and after customer contact.
- All surfaces in stores are regularly cleaned each day with an antibacterial solution
- All staff are following a strict no touching policy for all customers and each other
- Staff are following regular hand washing and sanitisation guidelines, including washing and or sanitising before and after interacting with each customer
- Hand sanitiser is available in all stores
Another important part of our service is our delivery network. From Thursday 19 March we will be implementing a contactless delivery policy
for the foreseeable future.
For health and sanitisation reasons all mattress collection services will now be cancelled. If you have an existing booking for a mattress collection we do apologise and assure you that a refund will be provided from your store of purchase for any pre-paid collection bookings.
We appreciate that many customers may not have the means to move mattresses and furniture through their home, however, this is a decision that must be adhered to for the health and safety of every Forty Winks customer and employee.
What the contactless delivery policy means for our customers:
- Drivers will still alert customers by ringing ahead to provide an accurate time of arrival and will be required to confirm the customer’s name and address
- Drivers will no longer be required to obtain a customer signature as proof of delivery. Alternatively, they will be asked to provide a photo of the item/s as proof of delivery
- Drivers will be required to wear disposable gloves which need to be changed following every delivery
- Drivers will be permitted to wear face masks at their own discretion, although this is not mandatory. We will alert customers to this when re-confirming their booking to ensure they are not panicked if a driver attends their property wearing one
- All drivers will be required to thoroughly wash and sanitise their hands in between all deliveries
For deliveries already booked, customers will need to ensure they have adequate support to bring their delivery inside their home.
As we face constantly changing circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic we will continue to update you on any changes to our trading conditions and store network.
Stay safe and please prioritise your sleep.