Update as at: 11 September 2020
As the world grapples with the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic, now, more than ever, the health of all Australians is Forty Winks’ number one priority.
Melbourne Metropolitan Stage 4 Restrictions
Our Metropolitan Melbourne stores are still open for in-store pickup and delivery only.
With Stage 4 restrictions still in place for Metropolitan Melbourne, all Forty Winks shop fronts within the Melbourne Metro area remain temporarily closed to customers until further notice.
The Forty Winks online store remains open and all of our stores are permitted to provide online and phone order fulfilment. Our new Quick Ship service, available on selected products, will continue to offer efficient next day delivery in the Metropolitan Melbourne. Forty Winks will continue to provide contactless home delivery for new and existing orders. Contactless collection of purchases will also be available for customers who live within a 5km radius of a store.
We can assist all customers with new and existing enquiries during this time via email and phone. Customers are advised to use our Store Finder to confirm store contact details and current operating hours.
Delivery Delays: due to potential stock availability issues there may be delays to quoted order delivery dates, however, we will advise you of any changes. We thank you for your patience during these challenging times.
Please refer to the Department of Health and Human Services website for further information on current restrictions in Victoria. We will continue to monitor the Victorian government directives over this period, so we can advise staff and customers when our stores will be permitted to re-open.
Our Stores Remain Open (Outside of Melbourne Metro)
All other Forty Winks stores nationally, including those in regional Victoria, remain open to customers, however, some may be operating alternate trading hours. Customers are advised to check the Forty Winks website to confirm trading hours before visiting their local store. This information can be found using our Store Finder.
We still remain open for business online nationally, so customers who don't wish to, or cannot shop in-store due to restrictions, can do so via our online store.
Our foremost concern is, ensuring all Australians can be better informed about their sleep practices in a healthy and safe environment. We are serious about sleep and the life changing benefits it has on our lives.
Research shows a good night’s sleep boosts your immune system and reduces your chance of contracting a virus (any virus).
Mandatory Face Coverings – Victoria
With the introduction of mandatory face covering requirements in Victoria, people living within areas outside of Melbourne Metro, who are able to visit our stores, will be required to wear a face covering. All of our staff within these areas have been provided with masks and will be required to wear appropriate face coverings.
From Thursday 23 July 2020, we will require customers over the age of 12 entering any store in these areas to wear an appropriate face covering.
Customers who visit our stores without wearing an appropriate mask or face covering may be refused entry into the store. However, we will allow customers to come in store without a face covering if there is a lawful exception as specified on the Victoria Department of Health and Human Services website (please refer to link below for lawful exceptions). Please note that children under the age of 12 are also exempt from this rule, however, face coverings should also be a consideration for children aged between 2-12, but are not recommended for toddlers due to safety concerns.
For more information on face masks and coverings, including exceptions for not wearing a face covering, please refer to the Department of Health and Human Services website.
Store Safety Precautions
To provide peace of mind and ensure the health and safety of all customers visiting a Forty Winks store, we have implemented a number of additional precautions.
To ensure that our store environment remains clean and sanitised at all times:
- Across our stores, all pillows have been removed from display beds. As pillows are an important part of the sleep heath journey, they will still be available, but will only be provided to customers with an ‘individual’ cover.
- Disposable woven fabric overlays will be provided at the start of a customer’s BedMatch journey.
- Mattresses are also sanitised before and after customer contact.
- All surfaces in stores are regularly cleaned each day with an antibacterial solution.
- All staff are following a strict no touching policy for all customers and each other.
- Staff are following regular hand washing and sanitisation guidelines, including washing and or sanitising before and after interacting with each customer.
- Hand sanitiser is available in all stores.
Another important part of our service is our delivery network. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been safely offering contactless delivery.
In order to provide the greatest level of flexibility while adhering to State based safety measures, our stores will discuss with each customer an agreed method for both product delivery and pickups. Customers outside of Melbourne Metro, may choose for the items to be delivered into their homes, or opt for contactless delivery by advising a secure location for the product to be delivered to, in order to limit face to face contact. Please note: any deliveries made within Melbourne Metro areas will be contactless.
What the contactless delivery policy means for our customers:
- Drivers will still alert customers by ringing ahead to provide an accurate time of arrival and will be required to confirm the customer’s name and address.
- Drivers will no longer be required to obtain a customer signature as proof of delivery. Alternatively, they will be asked to provide a photo of the item/s as proof of delivery.
- Drivers may be required to wear disposable gloves, although this is not mandatory. These gloves will need to be changed following every delivery.
- All drivers outside of Victoria will be permitted to wear face masks at their own discretion, although this is not mandatory. Drivers in Victoria will have a mandatory and appropriate face covering. We will alert customers to this when re-confirming their booking to ensure they are not panicked if a driver attends their property wearing one.
- All drivers will be required to thoroughly wash and sanitise their hands in between all deliveries.
As we face constantly changing circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic we will continue to update you on any changes to our trading conditions and store network.
Stay safe and please prioritise your sleep.