In-store Delivery Fees
When you buy directly from a Forty Winks store, the delivery fee is dependent on the store's delivery system and your order. Some of the factors that determine delivery fees when you purchase in-store include:
- The type of product you order.
- How far you are from the dispatch centre linked to the Forty Winks store responsible for fulfilling your order.
- How many people are required to carry your item/s to the required room.
Online Delivery Fees
For online orders, please refer to the delivery fees below.
Large Items (Mattresses, Bases and Furniture)
Larger items such as mattresses, bases and furniture are subject to the below delivery fees. These fees are applied during checkout and are based on the distance from store.
• Short Distance Delivery, (0-20km from store) - $80
• Long Distance Delivery, (20-100km from store) - $100
• Custom Delivery, (over 100km from store) – Your local store will contact you to organise your custom delivery cost once your order has been placed.
Smaller Items (Pillows and Accessories)
Smaller standalone purchases such as pillows and accessories are subject to a flat $10 postal fee Australia wide.
Combined (Small & Large Items)
If a smaller item is part of a combined purchase with larger items such as a mattress, base or furniture, the standard delivery fees as listed above for large items will apply.
- If you are less than 100km from store, we'll advise you and charge your delivery fee at the time of placing your order online.
- If your delivery address is more than 100km from the store you may be required to pay additional freight fees. You can contact your nearest store using our store finder before placing your order, or simply place the order and the Forty Winks store responsible for fulfilling it will confirm the final delivery cost with you.
If you don't accept any additional delivery fees, you may choose to cancel your order. In this instance, Forty Winks will arrange to refund your payment.
Accepting my delivery
You're required to accept the delivery of goods within 14 days of a notification that your products are available, unless a prior arrangement has been made with your store or the store’s dispatch centre. Where possible, storage can be arranged at an additional cost.
We may also request photo identification prior to delivery for verification purposes and to expedite the service, we recommend you accept the delivery of your order, especially if you've paid by credit card. If that's not possible, we may require the person accepting the delivery of your order to:
- Provide us with proof of identity (including photographic identification) and, where relevant, age. If the order has been paid by credit card, we may need to sight this for us to verify this payment method.
- Provide us with proof of consent to use that credit card where relevant.
If no appropriate person (for example, over 18 years old) is available and at the delivery address to receive the order or, if you're required to be present at the time of delivery and you aren't present at that time, we unfortunately can't deliver your order.
In this instance, we'll endeavour to contact you or you can call us to arrange for delivery at a different time.
Note: we may also charge an additional delivery fee for that replacement delivery and any subsequent deliveries.
Who will deliver my products?
Each store has a delivery team they use to fulfil orders. This team is reliable and trusted by Forty Winks.
Got a question? Contact us
Assembly of products
We can help you put your new bed or bedroom furniture together. However, this depends on your delivery location and if there is a team available to help.
Speak to your store or our dispatch centre to find out how we can help. You can also select premium delivery at the checkout.
Note: you’re responsible for the products fitting the intended area, as well as through any passages, hallways and doorways.
Returns & refunds
Returns & refunds
If you believe your mattress/furniture may have a manufacturing fault please contact the store of purchase and they will arrange an inspection. Each of our manufacturers provide warranties/guarantees for faults or defects under Australian Consumer Law
If you change your mind about a mattress purchase before delivery please notify the store of purchase immediately. As most products Forty Winks sell are large bulky items, in most cases, stock is not held on hand and once an order is placed with the manufacturer it is then made specifically for you. Cancellation of an order that has gone into production may carry a restocking fee at the stores/manufacturer's discretion.
Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. To the extent that they are compatible with the consumer laws in Australia.
Problems with my mattress
If your mattress isn’t right, we’ll need to establish proof of purchase. If the product fault can be safely determined by the store who sold the product, we may offer you a refund, repair or exchange.
Where the product fault is difficult to determine by a store representative, we'll need to speak to the manufacturer or repair agent to determine the fault and possible resolution.
Your Forty Winks store representative will be happy to liaise with the manufacturer or repair agent on your behalf to resolve the issue. A timeline will also be provided based on the supplier location and availability of parts.
Important: please be aware that some of our goods are sourced offshore and may require in excess of 10 weeks to source a replacement part or product.
Unfortunately, we can't offer a refund or exchange where the product has sustained damage due to inappropriate use, whether that's been identified by a store representative, the product manufacturer or repair agent.
If the product doesn't match its advertised description, your store of purchase/delivery may provide you with a refund or source a new product (if available) or similar product.
Changing my order
Please choose carefully. Most of our products (including manchester, beds and furniture) can’t be resold once unwrapped, due to health or hygiene reasons.
Furniture orders have been placed to meet your specific order. Due to this reason we don't normally give refunds or offer exchanges or credits if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.
Change of mind
We may, in our absolute discretion, offer you a refund, exchange or credit if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision if:
- you have clear proof of purchase, typically a receipt
- the product and packaging is in its original condition (including manuals and accessories)
- the product has not been used or soiled
- the product isn’t on the excluded products list below.
The following products are excluded from 'change of mind' returns unless they meet the conditions set out above AND the packaging is unopened and the tags are still attached.
These products include:
- bed sheets (bed linen or manchester)
- pillows, pillowcases, pillow protectors
- bed protectors (mattress protectors)
- self-assembly furniture if part or fully assembled
- items which have been installed using our assembly service
- beds or mattresses that have been slept on
- other perishable items which cannot be resold for health or hygiene reasons once unwrapped.
A cancellation fee of 25% is applicable on the total price when you cancel your order. You may not incur a cancellation fee if the goods are delivered damaged or if Forty Winks isn’t entitled to charge a cancellation fee under any relevant legislation.
It's your responsibility to inform the store of purchase of any change of address or contact details. To update your details, please contact your store of purchase.
Important: If a refund is granted, we'll refund the original purchase price in the form of the previous method of payment indicated on the receipt (if possible), minus any delivery charges and / or cancellation charges.